Being a tenant


Cartrefi Cymunedol Gwynedd provides all its tenants with a Tenants' Handbook which includes general information.

Here are pdf versions of the leaflets which are included in the Handbook. Please click on the cover to view the content.

Tenant Handbook cover

Your tenancy agreement is an important legal document and should be kept in a safe place.

Yours and our rights and responsibilities are listed in your agreement.

Below are the various agreements available with CCG:

Assured (non shorthold) tenancy agreement - transferring tenants

This tenancy agreement is relevant to you if you were a tenant of Cyngor Gwynedd at the time of the transfer to CCG on 12th April 2010 and you are still our tenant. You have protected rights – it is important that you have signed this agreement.

For a copy of this agreement click the link below:

Assured (non shorthold) tenancy agreement transferring tenants

Assured Shorthold (starter) Tenancy Agreement

If you have had a new tenancy with CCG since 12/04/10 (and were not already a CCG tenant) you will receive an assured shorthold (starter) tenancy. Twelve months from the start of this tenancy, unless CCG has started possession proceedings against you or served a notice seeking possession, it will automatically become an assured tenancy and you will receive additional rights and security of tenure.

For a copy of this agreement click the link below:

Assured shorthold (starter) tenancy agreement

Assured (non shorthold) tenancy agreement

This is a standard tenancy agreement for tenants of Registered Social Landlords. This tenancy gives security of tenure as long as you keep to the conditions of the tenancy agreement.

For a copy of this agreement click the link below:

Assured (non shorthold) tenancy agreement

Assured shorthold tenancy agreement (short stay)

This tenancy agreement is provided for homeless applicants, temporarily, until Gwynedd Council is able to secure suitable long term accommodation.

For a copy of this agreement click the link below:

Assured shorthold tenancy agreement (short stay)

Tenancy Agreement for minors

This is an equitable tenancy agreement for persons under 18 years old. This agreement is required because in law someone under 18 years old can't hold a legal interest in land.

A trustee is required to hold the legal estate on trust for the tenant until the tenant reaches the age of 18.

For a copy of this agreement click the link below:

Tenancy agreement for minors

Tenancy Deed of Assignment

Deed of Assignment

Download our New Tenancy Management service standards:

New Tenancy Management

During 2016, the Welsh Government passed the Renting Homes (Wales) Act and it is expected to go live in Spring 2019.

The Renting Homes (Wales) Act will make it simpler and easier to rent a home, replacing the various and complex pieces of existing tenancy legislation with;

  • one clear legal framework
  • 2 types of contracts (replacing all existing types of tenancy agreements and licences)
  • 2 types of landlord (community landlords like CCG and private landlords).

CCG, like all landlords in Wales (private and public sector), will have to issue new contracts (tenancy agreements) to all their contract-holders (tenants).

What do I need to do?

In preparation for this change, please help us make sure that your details are current and correct.

If there are any changes to your personal details such as change of name, changes to tenant 1 or 2 names, please let us know.

You can do this by:

  • Calling 0300 123 8084
  • Email

Find out more

Read our renting homes factsheet – a quick and simple guide to all the key changes

The Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016

Welsh Government information on the Act


New regulations from 1st January 2015 mean that landlords in Wales have to tell water companies like Welsh Water who lives in their homes. This means that Cartrefi Cymunedol Gwynedd (CCG) must share information about tenants and other people who live in our properties with water and sewerage companies.

We have to provide the following information for all our tenants, and occupiers over the age of 18:

  • Property address
  • Tenancy or occupancy start date
  • Title, name and date of birth of all tenants, and residents over the age of 18

This information is held within our Housing Management System and will be sent to Welsh Water using secure file transfer methods.

If you would like more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 0300 123 8084 or contact

Let us know...

People’s circumstances can change daily. It is important that we know of any changes to your household so that the correct information about you is kept on our records.

Let us know if there are any changes within your home, for example:

  • change of phone numbers
  • new baby
  • death within the household
  • family members leaving the home
  • any disabilities or special needs
  • change in employment or income

Let us know by phoning us on 0300 123 8084.

If you have yet to complete the Tenant Profiling Questionnaire, or if your circumstances have changed, you can print the questionnaire, complete and return it to:

Allocations Department
Cartrefi Cymunedol Gwynedd
PO BOX 206
Bangor, Gwynedd
LL57 9DS

Tenant Profiling Questionnaire

Application for Sole Tenancy

Application for Succession Husband or Wife

Application for Succession Not Husband or Wife

Application for Joint Tenancy

Abolition of the Right to Buy and Associated Rights (Wales) Act 2018

Information about the end of the Right to Buy & Right to Acquire in WalesYour right as a CCG tenant to buy or acquire your home will end on 26 January 2019. This is because of a new law introduced in Wales called the Abolition of the Right to Buy and Associated Rights (Wales) Act 2018.

However, the Right to Buy, the Right to Acquire and Preserved Right to Buy will end on the 24 March 2018 for ‘new homes’ – which is a property that has not been let as social housing for the six months before 24 March 2018 (e.g. new build property).

These changes – that may affect you – is explained in the Information about the end of the Right to Buy & Right to Acquire in Wales booklet (click here for alternative large print, easy read or a number of other languages from the Welsh Government website). This is a guide explaining what you need to know about the end of the Right to Buy and the Right to Acquire and what you should do if you are thinking about applying to buy your home from us.

This booklet does not give legal advice – you should seek legal advice if you want to buy your home before the abolition date comes into force and your rights are abolished.

The end of the Right to Buy and Right to Acquire will not affect your tenancy in any other way.

The Right to Buy Scheme was introduced in 1980 and allows eligible tenants of local authorities and housing associations to buy their home at a discounted price. In Wales, the maximum discount currently available is £8,000.

Further information about the scheme can be found on the Welsh Government’s website.

Who has the Right to Buy?

You have the Right to Buy if you’ve held a secure tenancy since before 18th January 2005 and either been a CCG tenant for two years or spent at least five years as a public sector tenant since this date.

If you held a secure tenancy with Gwynedd Council prior to 12th April 2010 and then became an assured tenant when ownership of your home transferred to CCG, you may have what’s known as a Preserved Right to Buy.

Any time spent as a secure tenant with another local authority, housing association or other public landlord may be taken into account.

The Right to Acquire

The Right to Acquire scheme give some eligible tenants of registered social landlords the legal right to buy the home they currently rent.

If you started your tenancy with CCG after 12th April 2010 may have the Right to Acquire.

How much does it cost to apply?

We charge a fee of £250 to administer a Right to Buy application. This is to help towards the valuer’s fee and other administrative costs.

This charge will be taken off the purchase price on completion of the sale. However, the fee is non-refundable if the application is cancelled at any time during the process. You need to provide a cheque for this fee with your application.

How do I make an application?

The first stage is to complete and return the Right to Buy Claim Form (RTB1) and the Insolvency Declaration Form to CARTREFI CYMUNEDOL GWYNEDD Cyf, PO BOX 206, Bangor, LL57 9DS.

You can download these documents here:

Right to Buy Claim Form (RTB1)

Insolvency Declaration

* Please remember to enclose a cheque to the sum of £250 with any application made payable to “Cartrefi Cymunedol Gwynedd”.

Cartrefi Cymunedol Gwynedd (CCG) is committed to providing our tenants with decent homes in a safe and pleasant environment. In partnership with our tenants, the police, Council and other local agencies, we are determined to tackle anti-social behaviour, help resolve neighbourhood issues and disputes and improve the local area.

Click on the link below to download our anti-social behaviour leaflet:

Anti-social Behaviour

Download our anti-social behaviour service standards:

Anti-social Behaviour Service Standards

If you want to discuss or report anti-social Behaviour contact our Neighbourhood Services Team on 0300 123 8084, or email

To ensure that we have solid evidence to seek swift and effective action to solve issues with neighbours it's important that you keep a good record of all incidents of Anti-social behaviour in your Neighbourhood Nuisance Diary. Click below to download a PDF version of the diary.

Neighbourhood Nuisance Diary

Fact sheet - Ending Your Tenancy and Moving OutYour tenancy agreement states that you need to give at least four full weeks notice in writing and signed by yourself to terminate our tenancy before you move out. This notice must end on a Sunday and include your new address in-case we need to contact you.

For full details on what you need to do before you move out, please see the attached factsheet.

Back to top